A good aesthetic treatment of the lips allows to have them filled, profiled and in good position, which is considered a sign of good health, beauty and youth. The lips are a fundamental part of facial aesthetics and also act during speech, while we eat, when we give a kiss etc.
As such a special area, the treatments must be very specific and very careful, so as not to break the harmony of the lip on the face.
There are many features that make lips look pretty. Those that are seen with the naked eye are the thickness and the profile but there are other factors that greatly influence the appearance of the lips such as:
The direction of the buccal commissure, perilabial wrinkles, nasogenian grooves, correct and not excessive exposure of the teeth during the smile etc. All these factors must be evaluated in each person and perform a specific and differentiated treatment to offer a better result.
1. Filling and profiling of the lips with hyaluronic acid
It is the star product for the aesthetic treatment of the lips. It is a biodegradable material that is already part of our body so it integrates very well into the fabric, allowing very natural results.
We currently have a very exclusive lip filler. It is dermal filling gel with hyaluronic acid. It is a product specially designed to define the contour of lips, and treat “the barcode” that forms around the mouth.
2. LIP LIFT or Upper Lip Lift:
What is a lip lift?
A lip lift is a procedure that elevates the position of the upper lip to give a more youthful and relaxed smile. Candidates for the procedure include patients with these symptoms:
- Their teeth are not shown when they smile.
- Space greater than 1.5 cm between the nose and the vermilion edge of the upper lip.
- Thin, flat lips.
- Lip corner downwards giving a constant expression of anger.
There are two types of Lip Lift:
- Upper Lip Lift shortens the distance of the skin between the upper lip and the base of the nose. This increases the amount of visible lips, exposes the teeth more and gives an appearance of lips
- Corner Lip Lift involves only the edges of your mouth and is designed for the patient who always shows the corner of the lips looking down as if he were always angry.
The two procedures can be performed together or separately.
3. Other techniques that are performed in very particular cases are:
-Lip lipofilling (Fat tissue grafts): It consists of the infiltration of fat tissue previously treated by filtration and centrifugation. The fat is obtained by a small liposuction with local anesthesia or more usually in the context of another surgical intervention such as a facelift.
Vermilion advancement surgery:
This procedure involves making an incision along the border of the colored part of the lips, removing a strip of skin outside the lip boundary. It is used only in major aging in the context of a facelift.
- Botox: It is sometimes used to correct the gingival smile (when the gums are taught during the smile), to correct downward-facing oral corners (giving an image of bad temper), to correct wrinkles in the upper lip (often combined with other procedures)
- Micropigmentation of the lips to draw the contour of the lips.