Facial lipofilling is a surgical procedure that allows to reposition increase the volume of facial volume by transferring fat obtained by liposuction. It also favors a rejuvenation of the skin thanks to the action of the stem cells that contain the processed fat. It is frequently associated with other facial procedures such as blepharoplasty or lifting. On many occasions it allows a less aggressive cervicofacial lifting with better results thanks to the rejuvenating effect it provides.
The indication of facial lipofilling at the aesthetic level is facial rejuvenation returning the lost volume in the face with the aging process. In reconstructive surgery, its use in facial lipoatrophies such as Parry-Romberg syndrome or facial lipoatrophy associated with retroviral treatment in HIV patients is indicated.
The intervention is performed under local anesthesia – sedation or under general anesthesia but only occasionally requires hospital admission.
Before lipofilling surgery we advise you:
- Topical hydration of the area to be treated.
- Medicines for after surgery.
- Quit smoking immediately.
- Avoid taking aspirin.
Its procedure involves the following steps:
- The doctor will recommend whether you should undergo intravenous sedation or general anesthesia.
- Liposuction. Liposuction is the process by which fat is identified and removed from specific parts of the body that the patient has in excess or wants to reduce. Please refer to the liposuction page for detailed information on this procedure.
- Purification. Once a sufficient amount of fat has been removed, it is centrifuged or purified by cleaning with serum. This procedure seeks to separate impurities and toxins from fat.
- The tissue obtained is placed by means of microcannulas in the specific area where the patient wants an increase.
After receiving lipofilling it is expected that the treated area presents inflammation, fluid retention and even bruising for a period of 2-3 weeks We will recommend wearing a compression girdle to reduce inflammation and compress the skin in the liposuctioned area.
Most patients recover from lipofilling quickly. Most people return to work within a few days.